Business location is one of the most important factors that businesses need to consider when thinking about the success of their company. Whether your business is expanding, relocating or just starting out, looking for new office space gives businesses the opportunity to find an area that not only compliments their brand but offers various long standing reasons for their company to remain in the area.
In the ideal situation, business location should meet an extremely precise list of criteria. These might be unique to the business, or they might be more general.
- Surrounding areas
- Accessibility to main roads and highways
- Business growth in the area
- Surrounding shopping centres
- Traffic in and out of the area
- Suitably located for target market
- Public transport close by
Then there are the integral aspects that affect the business location decision.
- Office space size
- Street frontage
- Services offered
- Lease or purchase?
Although the above mentioned may play a crucial role in deciding on a business location, there are numerous other factors that perhaps might be a bit closer to home and the decision making process.
- Are neighbouring businesses healthy looking?
- Are there complimentary businesses within the vicinity?
- Does the business location provide the right image for your business?
- Are there any vacant premises in the area? For how long have they been vacant
- Are there restrictions on signage in the area?
- Do the premises allow for expansion if need be?
Depending on the type of business and the number of people it is planned on taking on over the next few years, choosing the right business location is important. Of course, renting office space offers flexibility and does not tie you down. However knowing that the business location you have chosen, represents your business needs, is important.
Buying office space requires much more attention to detail. The decisions that you make need to extend into the future. The last thing that needed is to be paying a bond on a business space when the area it is located in has deteriorated and lost its value and professional image.
If you are in the market for renting or buying office space, it’s always best to speak to professionals who know the right business locations in Johannesburg, like the back of their hands.