For many business owners, the question of whether to buy property or to simply rent office space can be tricky, especially when it is in Johannesburg. There are many factors to consider when contending between renting or buying office space.
Benefits of renting office space in Johannesburg
- Flexibility: When the lease is up, you can easily relocate to another office space that better suits the needs of your business and your budget.
- Fewer responsibilities: The property manager or landlord is the one responsible for maintenance, security, remodelling, and other management issues pertaining to that office space.
- No mortgage: Not being locked into a mortgage loan allows you to free up cash and put it where it is needed. This is especially helpful for new business owners.
- No down payment: When you rent office space, you need only pay your one or two months deposit before moving in. This certainly is beneficial to cash-strapped small business owners.
Even though renting office space anywhere in the country has got the same benefits, renting in Johannesburg has its unique advantages:
1. More Exposure
If you operate a business that welcomes walk-in clients, then having more exposure can really boost your business. Office space in Johannesburg (especially in the popular areas) can give you the exposure you need to increase profits.
2. Convenient Location
Office space in a city with a good transport system will provide a convenient location for clients and employees.
3. Joint Venture Opportunities
Office spaces in Johannesburg are often located in well-populated areas with hundreds of established businesses. Renting office space in Johannesburg can potentially open the door for you to form joint ventures with other local businesses.
Brydens Group offers office space in Johannesburg in prime locations including:
Buying or renting office space in Johannesburg has its own pro and cons. If you are looking for office space to rent or buy contact us and we will help you find office space that’s both easy on your budget and one that better suites your business needs.